Covid-19 is certainly changing life as we know it right now, and support for foodservice industry workers and small businesses is more important than ever. As you try to create a new sense of normalcy, it is important to seek out support to those who can assist if you need it. During these uncertain times, Gaviña is here to support you however we can.
While you continue to operate your business, remember to also take care of your own health and wellness. We have included a few helpful tips below from the Centers for Disease Control on reducing stress.
In addition, we have gathered numerous resources to help both business owners and employees obtain financial help and support needed to get through this challenging time.
Managing Stressful Situations
It is no secret that stress is bad for health and when there is a pandemic going on you want to make sure you are as healthy as you can be to minimize risk to yourself and others. The CDC recommends these points for providing stress relief:
- Give yourself a break from the news. It is good to stay informed but the constant flow of information through social media and news programs begin to overwhelm after a short time. Create boundaries that allow you to understand what is going on without feeling inundated – for example, limit news exposure to 30 minutes a day maximum.
- Take care of your health and wellness. While we must generally stay at home and away from others, consider taking walks outside or doing a favorite activity in an outdoor space. Meditate, read, practice mindfulness or deep breathing – anything that allows you to unwind.
- Find a support group online. If self-isolating is too much to handle, go online and connect with friends and family through FaceTime or other communication platforms. Look to outside resources that can also provide guidance and resources depending on your need.
Resources for Businesses and Employees
For business owners and employees alike, it is important to connect with resources that could offer relief.
Here is a list of some business and financial assistance resources for owners and foodservice workers:
For businesses owners:
- S. Small Business Administration is offering low-interest loans to small businesses impacted by Covid-19.
- The City of Los Angeles is offering micro-loans to small businesses affected by Covid-19.
- Visit https://www.calrest.org/post/general-ca-coronavirus-resources for essential updates and announcements for the foodservice industry.
- Dineoutca.com offers foodservice news and updates for the state of California.
- One Fair Wage is helping cash assistance to tipped workers and service workers.
- The USBG National Charity Foundation is offering loans to bartenders who may be out of work.
- Children of Restaurant Employees is helping those who have tested positive with Covid-19 and have children at home
- https://www.calrest.org/post/employee-resources highlights available resources in various counties throughout the state.
- Restaurants Care is offering grants for restaurant workers who have tested positive for COVID-19 or who have been quarantined
For the closest food pantry or food bank, visit the Los Angeles Food Bank Pantry Locator.